Tuesday, September 24, 2019

My office is out with the birds!



My name is Melanie Graeff and I was hired this year to be a Science Education Intern with the Alaska Songbird Institute. This year has been an absolute whirlwind with learning new wildlife information, learning bird handling and extracting methods, leading education walks with school groups and visitors, and getting to work outside in this beautiful area with an amazing group of people! I have been so enriched with all of the experiences that this opportunity has given to me! Everyday was a new adventure for me and I was so lucky to be able to call these woods my outdoor office. Though my position has come to an end, I do intend on returning next year as a volunteer to continue this amazingly fun work! Thank you to all the volunteers that I got to know and work with this year. You all are rock stars and all of you have taught me so much this year! I want to thank Claire and Tricia for giving me this opportunity and for being all-around amazing at what they do. Without their dedication and hard work, ASI would not be what it is today. And I am sure the birds are thankful as well. I can't wait to come back next year to see what the 2020 banding season will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment